Did you know that the Nigroni was invented by a clever Italian Count who wanted a twist on his usual cocktail. Apparently the bartender simply swapped soda for gin and - ta dah! - the NIgroni was born.
All it takes is something asking for a little change to the norm.
The Sage Sandhills Elixir adds a unique twist to the classic Negroni, infusing it with herbal and floral notes.
- 2 ounce Sage Sandhills Elixir
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- Orange peel, for garnish
- For low-proof option, add 1 ounce of gin
- Fill a mixing glass or cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the Sage Sandhills Elixir, Campari, and sweet vermouth to the shaker.
- Stir gently for about 30 seconds to combine the ingredients and chill the mixture.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist, expressing the oils over the drink and rubbing it along the rim of the glass.
Note: Feel free to adjust the proportions of the ingredients based on your preference for a stronger or milder flavor profile.